Breaky of the week

Breaky of the week
Fresh Fennel, artichokes, onions,compacted cottage cheese ( believe it). This is a Souffle like omlette with whipped egg whites and saffron. I'd like to send a shout out to the accompanying Cara-Cara oranges

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cozy Breakfast


This creation is definitely abstract but you would not believe the contemporary flow of this warm cozy little breakfast.

My opinion is that a persimmon tastes like it’s been baked already, it’s naturally gooey and there is hints of cinnamon and other fall spices so my knee jerk reaction was to bake it and pull out these delightful flavours.

I sliced the persimmon thinly and added a little sugar and cinnamon. I then baked it for 10 minutes. I recently discovered sunflower peanut butter it’s all natural and AMAZING! I think any PB would have worked here but I would recommend using natural because the persimmon mixture is sweet already. Once the PB baked this combination was amazinnnnng – Very mellow yet the peanut butter added a thick richness.

I wanted to keep it simple after this so I toasted a bagel and drizzled honey ( tip warm the honey in microwave for 13 seconds this makes for a beautiful drizzle) Then I was able to dip away!

I wanted to eat this by a fireplace with a warm cup of a tea and knit some socks :)

I have given you a hint to my next ingredient in the picture…. I have never seen a physalis before. I can only describe it as a small orange like grape with the seeds of a kiwi…magical I know!! I want to take this little guy down the savory road….

This was great fun I’m quiet pleased with both results here. Are these item that you think you would try? Is my vision way too out there? I’m thinking I would love to explore with about 10 crazy ingredients that I have never used before. Being from Canada I am going shopping in Kensington Market on the weekend and I’m definitely looking forward to picking up some crazy goodies to play around with.

As I mentioned in my first post I want my blog to be about those reading it and sure I’m literally talking to myself right now BUT when I get followers I want my posts to help people or inspire them I want to challenge them and hear feedback.

Once I’m done expressing my creativity with the exotics ( yes I think celery root is exotic in the rugged kind of way …sure) I want to tackle real life food problems. Are you on diet and need ideas? Are you bored of meat and potatoes? Do you only have 3 ingredients in your fridge? Let me what we can get started ( Meal Starters pun bloggers can do that right?)

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I fell in love with persimmon while living in Korea, where persimmon is sold on every streetcorner for incredibly cheap, but haven't tried any since being back in the US.

    ReplyDelete