Breaky of the week

Breaky of the week
Fresh Fennel, artichokes, onions,compacted cottage cheese ( believe it). This is a Souffle like omlette with whipped egg whites and saffron. I'd like to send a shout out to the accompanying Cara-Cara oranges

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Strategy





Well I have to admit I have been pretty focused on a diet at the moment. I'm still eating awesome food. So I'm going to stray a little bit from my ingredient challenge and show you my strategy, which is still delicious .



This is spanish onion, Fresh fennel, pearl onions, and quinoa which were slow roasted in a crock pot. With minced ginger, sunflower peanut butter, hoisin sauce and cumin.

I added shredded cucumber and big diagonal slices of celery for a cool and crisp texture.

To add more salad freshness I added mayo ( half a teaspoon) and Cayenne pepper and the treat a teaspoon of a Sable & Rosenfeld curry.

This goes out to a Foodbuzz contact of mine:


This is what I was talking about when I mentioned a taco like salad.

Are you ready for prefect simplicity- romaine lettuce, cucumber, long slices of cheese firm mozzarella was used here.

The dressing is mayo and Sriracha hot sauce, cayenne pepper and cumin.

And the one ingredient that makes this prefect is a crispy tortilla like finish!

I also painted for the first time. Here is a sample, grapefruit:




What a wonderful pass time. This is like mediation for me, I mixed the colors as I pleased got a range of different hues and tones. Allowing the painting to become it's own. I'm working on lime as we speak :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I will send you a message on Foodbuzz in a bit. I added you to my blogroll, btw. You use so many ingredients I've never even heard of! Your ideas will be very inspirational to me :)
    I love the painting! I can't believe it was your first time! Painting and any arts/crafts in general are so cathartic. And not only is it relaxing, you have something to show for it when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dressing sounds very cool! I know mayo gets a lot of crap from health bloggers, but hey...it is pretty darn tasty! :-)

    one thing...anyway you can allow comments from everyone? Otherwise, a lot of people with their own domains (like me) won't be able to comment...

    ReplyDelete